Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Monday/Wednesday

Today was our first day back from Christmas break.  We were supposed to go back on Monday but we had 2 "holy crap it's below zero" days.   So today was the Wednesday that felt like Monday.

I can't believe all the places I am finding information for my quest for happiness.  Today it was an article in Prevention magazine, "The Healer".  An important point from this article is "mindfulness is powerful medicine."   I'm having a hard time practicing mindfulness (choosing to be in the present moment) when I'm so adept at multi-tasking and planning ahead.  It's something I'm clearly going to have to work on.  Honestly, I'm thinking of writing the word "mindful" on my hand to help me remember!  ha, ha.

Gratitude:  my students, my job, my work friends, Rachael's safe return home, love.

J.

1 comment:

  1. I have not heard from you since forever. Nice to see your new bLog.

    ReplyDelete