Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back to work

Well, I'm afraid I have been "off the grid" for the last 2 days.    The weather has been sub-zero, schools have been closed, and I've been creating.  I painted, made sugar scrub, and crocheted.  I've had several fights with my husband. (sigh)  I think we've been together too many days in a row.  

Something interesting I discovered today, believe it or not, on the Queen Latifah show.  It was Deepak Chopra and his 7 levels of happiness.   Something like that.  But one thing he said was the need to create is something we need to be happy.   I have found in the last few years that is soooo true for me.   When I hit my "oh my God, I have a child who is now old enough to drink" crisis, when Joseph turned 21, that's when I taught myself to crochet and the creative flood gates were opened!  I have been crocheting, making homemade Christmas cards, painting (just started that in September or October), and next month I'm going to try mosaics.   I also have this weird need to learn how to play the violin.  

Sidenote:    I intend to read Deepak Chopra.

Gratitude:  not having to go out in deep freeze weather, hot food, again my cats, my kids, my husband, being able to help Rachael if needed, time and supplies to create.
crocheted earwarmer

My painting "Winter Tree"

Lemon eucalyptus sugar scrub
 
 
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment